from the desk of Seth Friedermann, Managing Editor
What follows is simply a recap of my favorite non-garment-related moments from the Spring-Summer 2011 New York Fashion Week.
- Watching the models dancing in the wings to the terrific live band at Nanette Lepore.
- Seeing the Pamplona-like, “running of the photographers”, prior to every show.
- Watching people try to B.S their way pass I.M.G security to get into a show (no sale).
- Hearing the photographers on the riser holler “Uncross your legs!” to the front row of the audience before the shows.
- Watching Carlos Miele personally check every single model in the wings before they walked for him.
- Observing Meredith, the house manager for The Studio at the tents, run around like crazy for days before I realized she was doing it in heels.
- Meeting Perry Farrell at Mik Cire
- Seeing pictures of Zoe Twitt’s M.U.A and hair stylist try to keep up with her backstage as she tweaked her model’s outfits.
- Watching the delightful Nanette Lepore bounce up and down in glee in the wings at the end of her show.
- Listening to the photographers tell stories and complain about “The Italians” in the outdoor “lounge”, (yes I know it’s the smoking area, but hey, I don’t smoke…).
- Talking to Alan Eckstein’s (one half of the duo at Timo Weiland) amazingly interesting grandmother at their presentation. If artistic success is genetic, he’s all set.
- Seeing Rosemary Ponzo wearing our mutual friend Sohung Tong’s design to the Gottex show. I just adore her.