Round 1 deadline: midnight on January 28, 2011
L’éclat is a monthly fashion design contest from modaCYCLE and Johnny Wu Designs. Each month we are giving away two vouchers for free custom manufacturing patterns from master pattern-maker Johnny Wu, valued at $200 each, to an emerging designer in the tri-state area. Not only that, but Johnny Wu will spend a few hours personally teaching the winner how to make their own patterns and how to design garments that are easier to mass produce without sacrificing quality.
Johnny Wu Designs is a Full Service Garment Manufacturer located in the fashion district of New York City. They support new and emerging designers to launch and grow their labels by providing precise patterns, high-quality samples, and flexible small production runs.
If you are a fashion designer living in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut, at least 24 years old, your own label is not yet carried by a major retail chain, and you are otherwise fully qualified under the contest rules…
- upload a video clip to YouTube or Vimeo in which you show us a garment or accessory design you’re working on or that you recently created
- in the video, tell us about the fabric, the lining, the stitching, and other construction details, and why that piece represents you as a designer
- use the form on the [contest page] to send us a link to the video before midnight on the last Friday of the month
- you may only submit one entry per round
- follow the contest here on modaCYCLE.com and on the modaCYCLE Facebook Fan Page and the Johnny Wu Designs Facebook Group.
Go to the [contest entry page] now.